Today, Perfect World Entertainment Inc., a leading publisher of free-to-play MMORPGs, and Cryptic Studios announced Neverwinter: The Heart of Fire featuring Acquisitions Incorporated, is now available on Xbox One and PlayStation®4. Penny Arcade founders Jerry Holkins and Mike Krahulik penned the latest campaign for the free-to-play Dungeons & Dragons MMORPG set in the Forgotten Realms (and beyond), starring Acquisitions Incorporated characters Omin Dran, Jim Darkmagic and Walnut Dankgrass (voiced by Holkins, Krahulik and Amy Falcone, respectively). An all-new campaign offers players the opportunity to join the famed adventuring company on their latest journey from green intern to becoming a full-fledged member.
Watch the trailer for Neverwinter: The Heart of Fire here:
The Heart of Fire’s content is available beginning at level 15, with missions of acquisition included throughout the leveling experience. Acquisitions Incorporated’s signature brand of humor permeates this module, which challenges adventurers to seek out the titular Heart of Fire, a relic from Dungeons & Dragons’ past, in a wild campaign. Omin and Jim assign dangerous tasks (for minimal pay, of course) including infiltrating a Beholder convention in a tank disguise, fulfilling the wishes of a mountain-sized giant from the deck of the company airship, and thwarting a heist at the Manycoins Bank in an all-new endgame skirmish.
Acquisitions Incorporated’s new residence inside Protector’s Enclave allows adventurers to own a workshop as a base of operations for the overhauled Professions system. Other updates in this module include class balancing, dungeon chests and loot experience improvements. Find details about these updates to Neverwinter below:
- The Heart of Fire Storyline – The minds behind the popular Penny Arcade games and gaming culture webcomic lend their wit to the latest Acquisitions Incorporated storyline. Become a member of the infamous company of adventurers and engage in questionable activities alongside Omin Dran (Jerry Holkins), Jim Darkmagic (Mike Krahulik) and Walnut Dankgrass (Amy Falcone).
- New Campaign: Acquisitions, Incorporated – It’s not all dressing up as 11-eyed monsters and coasting through the brisk skies on the company airship. The newest campaign levels up with the player and puts an emphasis on acquiring items including new boons and access to the new endgame Skirmish.
- New Skirmish: Manycoins Bank Heist – Beyond the internship stage of their tenure with Acquisitions Incorporated, players will be given the opportunity – nay, the duty – to defend the Manycoins Bank vault from Zhentarim intruders seeking riches of the realm. Surely, there is good pay in protecting the Protector’s payload.
- Professions Overhaul – The Seven Suns Coster Market acknowledges certain adventurers’ acuity to the economic arts – and now beginning at level 20, players may now own a workshop, hire artisans to gather resources and craft items in the reworked, more personalized Professions system.
- Salvage and Dungeon End Chest Changes – Astral Diamonds given as rewards has changed! Earn the coveted currency directly through dungeon delves as well as completing content. Dungeon Chest Keys will no longer be required to open chests and have been converted into tokens for free end-of-dungeon rerolling. This may also be done with Astral Diamonds. Finally, the Salvage feature has been phased out with this update.
- Class Balance Updates – In a continued effort to ensure the game is fun for everyone and each class is viable, a wide variety of changes have been made to class powers and general balance. Check the official Neverwinter blog for patch notes and more details.
- Loot Experience Improvements – Much of the loot gathered throughout the Forgotten Realms is now automatically added to a player’s inventory when they are in close proximity. Need/Greed rolls still pop up as needed. Fewer treasure (vendor loot) items drop and other less-desired loot no longer drops. Check The Heart of Fire’s patch notes for even more detailed information.
For more information on The Heart of Fire update and to begin your adventure for free, visit: http://www.playneverwinter.com.
Sharing this news on Twitter? Please tag @NeverwinterGame.
Neverwinter is a free-to-play action MMORPG that features fast-paced combat and epic dungeons. Players explore the vast city of Neverwinter and its surrounding countryside, learning the vivid history of the iconic city in the Forgotten Realms and battling its many enemies. Neverwinter is available on PC and is free to play digitally on Xbox One (with Xbox Live Gold*) and PlayStation®4 (PlayStation®Plus not required).
*On Xbox, Xbox Live Gold membership (sold separately) required.
ABOUT PERFECT WORLD ENTERTAINMENT INC.
Perfect World Entertainment is a leading online publisher of live service games in North America and Europe. Founded in 2008, Perfect World Entertainment is known for creating and publishing titles based on well-known global entertainment franchises, such as Star Trek and Dungeons & Dragons. The company’s popular live service MMO games, including Neverwinter, Star Trek Online and PWI, have cumulatively grossed over $500M in their lifetimes. Perfect World Entertainment also partners with indie development studios, including Unknown Worlds, developer of Subnautica, and Runic Games, creators of the Torchlight series, to help bring their games to market on a global scale. Perfect World Entertainment is a subsidiary of Perfect World Group, and is headquartered in Redwood City, California. For more information, please visit: www.perfectworld.com
ABOUT CRYPTIC STUDIOS, INC.
Cryptic Studios, Inc. is a leading developer of AAA online games for PC and consoles. Delivering innovative gameplay and shared experiences far beyond the traditional MMORPG, the studio has successfully launched Champions Online: Free for All, Star Trek Online and Dungeons & Dragons Neverwinter. Cryptic Studios, Inc., a subsidiary of Perfect World Co., Ltd. is located in Los Gatos, CA.
ABOUT WIZARDS OF THE COAST
Wizards of the Coast LLC, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ:HAS), is the leader in entertaining the lifestyle gamer. Wizards’ players and fans are members of a global community bound together by their love of both digital gaming and in-person play. The company brings to market a range of gaming experiences under powerful brand names such as Magic: The Gathering and Dungeons & Dragons. For more information about our world renowned brands, visit the Wizards of the Coast Web site at www.wizards.com
ABOUT PENNY ARCADE
Penny Arcade is a web comic focused on video games and video game culture, written by Jerry Holkins and illustrated by Mike Krahulik. With over 3.5 million readers, it is the most popular and longest running gaming web comic online. Penny Arcade is also responsible for the Child’s Play Charity, the Penny Arcade gaming expos (PAX) in Seattle, Boston, San Antonio, Philadelphia, and Melbourne, multiple videogames based on the brand, and multiple online video series.
ABOUT ACQUISITIONS INCORPORATED
At Acquisitions Incorporated, you inquire – and we acquire™. For nearly twenty years, other people have had things you’ve really wanted and we’ve gone over there to get those things, even if they didn’t want us to do that. Typically, they don’t. But we don’t work for them, we work for you™. We’ve acquired it all, but we specialize in staves, gems, and storied weapons of great lineage. We do apply a reasonable surtax for rods, because rods. It’s been a problem. This is Acquisitions Incorporated in a nutshell: Defenses negotiable. Merchandise plentiful. Franchises available.
Acquisitions Incorporated: It’s In The Name.
End Of The Era! Rainbow Six Siege Player Fabian Goodbyes G2 Esports
Fnatic Rainbow Six Siege Player Magnet Makes The Weirdest Accomplishment In The Game
Twitch Streamer And Youtuber Farbenfuchs Sizzles In A Leg Revealing Long Skirt
Former G2 Esports CS:GO Player bodyy Explains How It Feels Like To Re-Join LDLC
Blonde Twitch Streamer Jenna Flaunts Her Curves On The Tennis Court
Twitch Streamer Alyska Stuns Fans With Her School Skirt
Team Empire Announces Shocking Rainbow Six Siege Roster Changes – Karzheka Leaves!
Twitch Streamer Amouranth Shows Off Her Astonishing Legs In A Mini Dress
Youtube’s Latina Bombshell Danyan Cat Dominates Instagram With Her Pink Bikini
FaZe Clan CS:GO Coach YNk Reveals The Best Aspect Ratio
- PS41 year ago
Why GTA 6 Will It be on PS4 Before PS5?
- Esports10 months ago
Rainbow Six Siege Player Pengu Reveals The Best Aspect Ratio
- Esports11 months ago
TSM Apex Legends Player ImperialHal Criticizes Twitter Harshly
- Esports1 year ago
Beaulo Is Not Interested In to Rainbow Six Siege Right Now
- Esports10 months ago
G2 Esports Rainbow Six Siege Player Fabian Smashes His Teammates
- Steam1 year ago
Yakuza Kiwami 2 Nude Mod Now Available For Download
- Esports1 year ago
Team Gamer Legion Announces New CS:GO Roster – ScreaM, Ex6TenZ, HS are in the Team!
- Esports1 year ago
Famous CS:GO Personality Caster Anders Blume Announces New Family Member